The first written mention of Bärnwald dates from 1550. From a wooden church to a place of pilgrimage of great importance.
World War II, the expulsion of indigenous peoples and the end of the Bärnwald era.
In 1989 beginning of the new history of the Neratov.
The Neratov Association. Who we are.
Association was established in 1992. Neratov association renews the life in formerly abandoned village Neratov, at the Czech-Polish border. Here the association offers home and work to people with disabilities, and the facilities and education for children with disabilities.
The Neratov Association is located in the mountain village of Neratov, in the Orlické Mountains.
Our mission and vision:
- Together with people with disabilities (not only for them but for all of us) renew displaced village and repair local church.
- Provide people with disabilities housing and give them a job.
- We have 250 employees, of which 190 employees are people with disabilities.
- Operation of protected living and day care center for people with mental disabilities.
- Operation of various protected workplaces (traditional craft, agriculture, services of general public facilities – shop, restaurant, accommodation, care of green vegetation, laundry).
- With trained assistants, we give people with disabilities a chance to realize themselves in a real job that interests them and fulfills at the same time.
- The association is one of the biggest employers in the region, at current standings there are 190 people from 250 with any kind of disability.
Thanks to social entrepreneurship in various fields, we offer varied work for people with various disabilities. We offer the support for protected workplaces, in the form of adjustment of the extent of contracts, psycho-social support and also we offer the possibility to choose the direct fit position for each contract holder.
Social entrepreneurship is the means to finance social work and help those in need.
Neratov Association as a social enterprise
Organizations in the Czech Republic can be called social enterprises , fulfilling 5 principles of social enterprises:
- A socially beneficial goal - employment and social inclusion, more than 30% of people at a disadvantage of the total number of its employees.
- the social benefit -integrate disadvantaged and disabled people into everyday life, involving employees in the operation and direction of the company.
- Economic benefits - Every social enterprise must commit that 51% of any profits will be reinvested.
- Environmental benefits.
- Local benefits - Social enterprises are focused primarily on satisfying local demand.
We have obtained the “Work for the Disabled - integrative social enterprise ” mark which guarantees fair working conditions for people with disabilities and the quality of the products at the same time.
Sheltered Workshops, Kopeček“ Traditional handmade crafts
In 2006 - ramshackle former farmhouse was reconstructed and became the shelter of our activities.
The products have been awarded with the certificate “Orlické hory – Original product” which guarantees the origin in our region and the compliance with the traditional production processes.
In ceramic, weaving, sewing and basketry workshops, we employ more than 35 people with disabilities.
Organizing craft fairs full of music and themed refreshments, in which other regional craftsmen take part too.
Social Farming provides people who use services with the opportunity for inclusion, to increase self-esteem and to improve health and well-being by taking part in day to day farm activities.
Horticulture in Neratov and Žamberk
Other protected workplaces
What we have done for 30 years
- After the 2nd world war in Neratov lived only two people – now there are about 60 inhabitants.
- The church was repaired and the pilgrimage tradition was restored.
- We have created facilities for people with disabilities such as protective housing and protective workshops.
- The development of social business and agriculture — one of the largest employers in the region.
The Association is the founder of a special school for children with disabilities.
The latest development projects in Neratov
Our future plans
- Developing social business and agriculture.
- Helping other groups – seniors, children with disabilities.
- Cultivating area around the church.
- Educating our employees and clients, and passing our experience on to other associations.
- International cooperation
- Building up retirement house for our employees as well as a therapy center
How Neratov helps Ukraines refugees